Monday, November 13, 2017

The Incredible True Story Turns 2!

Image result for the incredible true story

Two years ago on November 13th, Logic released his second studio album The Incredible True Story. I hope his day one fans don't scold me for this, but this is the project that really turned me onto his music. It takes you on a journey with an intriguing story line that takes place within some truly extraordinary tracks. Features include Big Lenbo, Dria, Jesse Boykins III, and Lucy Rose. I did some research on the album, and found that the underlying plot of the project is actually part of a pretty mind-blowing story inspired by filmmaker Quentin Tarantino. What stands out to me is the vibrant production in tracks like "City of Stars." It gives off that sci-fi vibe, that I feel really speaks to Logic's experimental nature in his art. The lyricism showcased on this album is also "incredible." I enjoy the skits, my favorite being the one at the end of "Fade Away." When I heard it was the anniversary of this album, I had to write about it. It's definitely one of my go-to projects. It's so hard for me to pick favorite tracks off of this album, but I'll go with "Young Jesus" and "Innermission." If you haven't already, check this one out. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment