Thursday, November 9, 2017

Without Warning Review!

Image result for without warning cover

On Halloween, artists Offset, 21 Savage, and Metro Boomin dropped a surprise collaborative project titled Without Warning. It consists of ten tracks, with guest appearances from Quavo and Travis Scott. It's rare that such industry giants would drop a project "without warning." It caught me off guard, but it was a reflex for me to throw my headphones on when I received word of the project. It's definitely a treat for 21 Savage fans, coming off the success of the well-received Issa Album. Likewise for Offset fans, who are anticipating the Culture 2 album from the rapper's group, Migos. It's an interesting combination of artists, but I'm impressed with how well 21 Savage and Offset are able to blend on the project. 21 Savage has space for his ferocious lyrical style, while Offset is able to showcase his renowned flow over mastermind production by Metro Boomin. As with anything by 21 Savage, you'll hear some relentless bars that show no concern for human life, as evident in the track "My Choppa Hate N-----." The project is filled with bangers, my favorites being the rough "Rap Saved Me" and the smooth "Ric Flair Drip." If you want to turn up, or even if you just want to kick back and vibe to some dope tracks, I think you should give this album a listen. Thanks for reading, and remember to enjoy life!


No comments:

Post a Comment